December 22, 2014

Self Confidence

S E L F   C O N F I D E N C E 

Tackling Insecurity

It was in the fifth grade that I was first made fun of because I had acne. "Go use some Proactive", the boy yelled in my face; the whole class to erupted in laughter. I remember that day clearly. That day marked the beginning of my self hate and pity towards myself.
_________________________________________________________

      It takes a lot of courage to love yourself. It takes everything to look in the mirror and say yes, regardless of my acne, my weight, depression (or whatever you may struggle with) I unconditionally love myself for who I am and how I look. Image is everything. Really. I remember crying myself to sleep at night because I did not have clear skin, or long hair. I listened to girls talk about my skin while literally two feet away from me. I struggled with low self esteem for the majority of my young adult life. It is painful remembering things like that. It saddens me how unhappy I was; how much I looked down on myself. It was a dark time in my life and I'm happy I got over it. Self love is a touchy subject. Self love cannot be taught. Self love must develop by itself. You have to wake up one morning and proclaim to yourself that your are a beautiful person who deserves to be loved and to be happy.  Do this every morning. Wake up, look in the mirror, and profess your own beauty to yourself. Profess your loving nature to yourself. Prove to yourself that you are beautiful and creative. Learning to love yourself, the act of loving yourself will change your life. You will start remove yourself from bad situations, friendships, or relationships because you know who you are, your worth, and what you bring to the table.

Start appreciating yourself. 
Start loving yourself. 

xo
cordelia