June 1, 2015

A Few Things I'm Loving

 

As a woman of color I find it very hard to find the perfect nude for our skin tone. Most are completely too light, too pink or too beige. Wet N' Wild's Pink Sugar is an exception to this. It seems to be a mixture of all three. I find this lipstick looks best when lined with a brown lip pencil and placed in the center of your lips. I own plenty of nude shades but this combo seems to be my go to and my favorite.  An oldie but goodie, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara speaks for itself. I prefer the very black formula. It is more of a lengthening mascara than an minimizing one; but that is not a problem for me. My short stubby lashes need the help!  I am in love with Black Opal's True Color Foundation. This foundation is honestly my holy grail drugstore foundation. This foundation is light weight. The coverage is a light but can easily be built up to medium or even full. Black Opal's True Color foundation looks like skin! I kid you not. I use the shade Truly Topaz. You can wear it alone and it wont have that cakey overdone look. My packaging is old, and they have recently revamped the bottle adding a pump! I love this foundation! VIA Hair Color in blue black is a semi permanent hair color. It does not fade fast. I find it does not dry out my hair and the blue even shows on my already dark hair. For $2, this is a steal.  I have acne prone skin and Vanicream cleanser for sensitive skin works like a charm. It removes all my buildup and makeup residue; which other facial cleansers have left behind. After my cleansing, 3 to 4 times a week, I follow up with the Freeman's Characoal and Black Sugar Scrub. This stuff is a charm! It really works! It is a mask and scrub in one. I like to let it sit on my face as I scroll through my Pinterest. After a few minutes I gently rub my face and exfoliate my skin. There is a huge difference once I wash. My skin is visibly softer, smoother, and my pores are much smaller. I am already on my second bottle and I am still seeing magnificent results! Love this stuff. The E.L.F. Fan Brush is a $1 steal. The brush is perfect for applying your highlight and intensifying your contour. It contains synthetic hair and is not very dense. But for one dollar it is worth every penny.